We all wait for the first day of the year to promise our selves that we wil go to the gym four times a week, reduce the amount of sugar that we will eat/drink, save more money and various other promises. I am one that not only waits for the first year to start a new goal , however I tend to revisit my goals on a month to month basis. Now, that is just me. Not everyone can do that and I obviously can not expect that you will as well. That being said, I am on that gets motivated if I write down my goals and look at it day by day to remind myself what I promised I would achieve.
So this year what are my goals you ask? I have a few. Some personal, some career wise and others that are just ways to improve what I am doing now. So let’s have a look at a few:
- Get a stable career that I love– working for years in a family business is fun and teaches you a lot that you can apply to various areas of work and in working with the business, I have recently found myself wanting to find a career that I love to wake up early to work towards every day. That hunger for a career actually starts with this blog. I love social media, being able to connect with people from everywhere and changing my environment time to time. In 2018 I will work towards my ‘entrepreneurial’ dream career.
- Stay fit– I started my healthy journey seriously about 6 years ago when I noticed that my eating habits could possibly affect me in the long run. I go to the gym quite frequently ( as you can tell by my Instagram stories) and in doing so have found my love for fitness. In the new year I want to push myself out of my comfort zone and allow my body to explore its capabilities in ways that I probably could never imagine. I would like to try out a cross fit class, hot yoga ( again ), spinning class, pole dancing and bare class. I believe these are classes I always wanted to try but I was a bit intimidated to give it a go. Now time to face my fear!
- Work on my mental health- this is something that is a long term goal for me. I have been focusing more on it for the past two years. As someone who does not like talking about my feeling even with my close friends and family I have over time gotten a lot better. I want to ensure that I remind myself to be in the now, that it is ok to say you are not ok and to ask for help when needed.
- Grow the #shikachica fam– I started my journey last year in April and it has been a fun and exciting adventure. I meet so many people and made so many connections. with you lovelies. In the new year I want to not only grow the #shikachica fam I also want to connect with you guys more. I want to first start with the conference gathering in Toronto this Spring 2018. I will then be going to Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary and many more cities along Canada. Eventually meeting you lovely chicas in Europe and the USA as well.
- Spend more time with loved ones– it’s that time of year where you start to go through your friend group and clear out all the negative energies. I really do believe that the people you around yourself with is 50% of what can impact you to be the best version of yourself. As hard as it is to let go of unhealthy relationships keep telling your self how rewarding it will be if you let go of them sooner rather then later.
- Travel to 10 new places– this is a big goal for my in 2018- I have a few travel destinations such as Cape Town, Bali, Amsterdam, Morocco, Germany, Colombia and more that I would love to visit in the new year. I really want to not only learn about new cultures however take my self out of my comfort zone.
- Save more!- We all spend a ridiculous amount of money on buying our lunch and buying things that we really do not need. I want to save more money and be wise with my money in the new year
- Find a great place to live– Weather it is a new city or new apartment, I want to start in some new environment this year in the Summer/Fall.
- Live minimalist– the more I travel the more I learn I probably do not need half the things I own. In relation to a new environment I want to make sure I de-clutter all the things I do not need, donate them and stay simple with what fills my space. Clear environment clear mind right?
S o far things have been going well. I workout 4-5 times a week, I am starting to reach out to people if I need help, checking in with family/ friends more, being more active on my instagram story to connect with you guys more, I’m slowly cutting out the negative people in my life ( man is it ever hard). Things I need to work on? SAVING! I need to save more money. The amount of times that I have been buying food out is embarrassing. I am going to start looking at apps to help me budget my spending on a day to day basis. I also need to start planning my trip that I am hopping to take in February. It is slowly approaching and with saving that will allow me to have more options as far as destinations. Minimalist living is a project on its own. I will start going through my belongings on a monthly basis and donate any things I do not need or use.
There you have it! There are my resolutions for the year. I have been really trying to be focused on giving myself some self love lately especially with the new year. I think I tend to get too busy living the busy crazy life I forget about taking care of myself. This year will be a year to give myself a little bit of gratitude day by day.